Novaquark continues to grow with a detailed launch roadmap for ambitious sci-fi MMO Dual Universe, and large-scale funding to support its development!
PARIS, FRANCE – August 8, 2018 – Today, Novaquark is excited to blow the lid off a detailed roadmap, charting the development of civilization building MMO, Dual Universe, through launch. Beginning with its first Alpha test in November 2018, Novaquark plans to continue expanding its sci-fi universe until it hits Beta in the first half of 2020 and officially launches in the latter half of 2020. This roadmap arrives alongside the announcement that all Kickstarter backers will be granted access to the in-development Alpha by the end of 2018, as originally announced during its crowdfunding campaign.
Every step of the way, the team at Novaquark intends to engage their dedicated community as they introduce new gameplay systems and work towards establishing a true gaming Metaverse. Take a look below to get an idea of some of the key features that will be added as part of each subsequent milestone:
If keeping up with this roadmap sounds like a daunting task, you’re absolutely right. Building an entire living, breathing universe isn’t exactly an easy task, but it’s a dream that the team has shared for decades now. Maintaining momentum towards Alpha, though, the team has raised an additional 3.5 million dollars, bringing the total funding of the project, including backer support, to over 11 million dollars, which will be used to hire new, passionate staff, accelerate development and keep everything moving to the roadmap’s timeline.
Hear what Novaquark CEO, Jean-Christophe Baillie, has to say about the company’s exciting new developments and continued growth in this short video:
This is only a taste of what players can expect from Novaquark in the coming months and years, though. Game development is constantly filled with surprises, so while there will undoubtedly be obstacles for the team to surmount, they also have their share of surprises to share with the community. Whether it’s the pre-Alpha supporters who have already begun shaping the universe of Dual Universe in their own image, the players who will join the journey along the way, or interested sci-fi fans on the fringes, Novaquark intends to maintain transparency through launch and offer ample opportunities for the community to directly impact the development of this ambitious project.
Dual Universe is available now in Pre-Alpha, with an alpha launch slated for November 2018. In addition to being the 3rd biggest worldwide video game Kickstarter of 2016, it earned over one million dollars in funding on both Kickstarter and its official website, and boasts a vibrant community of over 10,000 backers and almost 2,000 in-game organization communities. For the latest updates visit the official website, and you can also follow the game on Twitter, Facebook, Community Discord, Reddit, and YouTube.
- UNIVERSE (available in test version): The first fully editable universe made for players by players. The only limit is your imagination! Gather your friends and build on a truly epic scale, from ships, cities and space stations, to Lua scripted puzzles and interactive constructs.
- MASSIVE (available in test version): Dual Universe is the first game where potentially millions of players can interact together simultaneously, inside the same giant universe. We call it the Continuous Single Shard Cluster (CSSC) technology. This proprietary technology means no multi-server player separation, instances or loading times, just one enormous, persistent universe.
- EXPLORATION (partially available in test version): Explore & Discover new worlds with your friends, find rare resources and build the greatest place in the universe. Will you be a nomad treasure hunter, or a calculating profiteer?
- ECONOMY (work in progress): Dual Universe will have the most realistic economy system ever made in a game. From weapons and tools, to spaceships and giant space stations, build and trade everything to everyone – at your price – on your own market.
- WARFARE (work in progress): Fight for supremacy, resource control or geostrategic advantage, as you join with fellow players and create your own defense systems, build warships, cities and space stations. Will you defend yourself or lay waste to your enemies?
- POLITICS (work in progress): Be a lone wolf or choose an organization or build your own, hire new players, fight other alliances, cut deals with them or rule your own part of the Universe with this completely open political landscape, full of emergent gameplay opportunities.